Medication Routes of Drug Administration
Drug has been administrated as per their nature and their desired good results. Every drug bottle or capsule or tablets pack label contains the information of drug effect and routes of drug Administration with other instructions. The drug used on skin and Mucous membranes takes longer time to get desired effect. In Oral administration the drug has been absorbed in blood so intramuscular administration is more effective than oral. If you want to get fastest results then I.V. (Intra-Venus) is the best way of drug administration that provides instantly effects. There are various medication routes that used in every health care system.
Routes of Drug Administration
1. Oral Administration: This is common and mostly used Route of Drug Administration for all age’s patients. The drugs available in form of tablets, capsules, syrups etc are easily administrated through this route. (The different form of ayurvedic medicines Aasav, Arishta, Choorn / Churn, Ghrita, Gugullu, Kwaath / Kaada, Mandoor, Pishti, Rasrasayan, Avaleha, Parpati, Vati, Ghansatva, Lauh etc. used in Ayurveda through Oral Administration route).
2. Massage: This is a local affect route of drug administration called Innuction in which drug is in liquid form and administrated on skin through massage on effective part. Many antiseptic, astringents and emollients ointments or Oils are used in massage. In Ayurveda massage therapy has great significance and used to cure many body problems.3. Sublingual Administration: In this the drug has been placed under Tongue to dissolve slowly. The drug like Nitro-Glycerin used in this route.
4. Inhalation: A volatile drug has been administrated in this method. For local and systematic affect the patient inhales volatile or fumes drug to lungs. Chloroform, Ether, Nitrous Oxide are some delirium drugs that used in inhalation.
5. Insertion: Insertion is another drug administration route in which the solid nature drug is inserted into body orifices. The drug is inserted into vagina or anal canal (Enema) to cure internal vaginal diseases or severe piles etc.
6. Instillation: This route of drug administration is used to pour drug into ears, nose, eyes etc in form of drops. Nose instillation in Ayurveda called Nasya (Nasal drug administration of treated organic oils, herbal extract or solutions)
7. Insufflantion: This is the way of drug administration on the wounds in form of powder, air etc. Insufflator is used in this method.
8. Implation: In implation the drug is applied into the skin tissues in solid form.9. Parenteral Administration: This medication route of drug administration is used to give drugs in another ways except alimentary canal. Drug is administrated using needle in this method in our body various arteries, veins and in muscles etc like Intramuscular, Epidermis, Subcutaneous, Intravenous, Intra-artrial, Intracardiac, Cardiac muscle, Intrapinal, Intra Osseous, Intra Peritoneal and Peritoneal cavity etc.