The treatment for any kind of body rash depends on the cause. There are some anti-histamine pills and syrups that help to alleviate pain, itching and other symptoms of a rash. If you are unsure about the cause of the rash however, it would be best to consult your doctor. Rashes in children, when accompanied by symptoms such as drowsiness, stiffness in the neck and fever should be examined by a doctor. Here are some common home remedies for skin rashes:
- Wash the affected area with chamomile tea to relieve itching and inflammation.
- One of the best home remedies for itching is olive oil. Apply a small amount of olive oil directly to the affected area. This will penetrate into the skin and help in healing.
- Aloe vera gel is one of the best natural cures for skin rashes. The efficacy of aloe extracts has been supported by various studies, and it can help soothe a variety of inflammatory skin conditions.
- You can also apply vitamin E oil to skin rash. Cut open a vitamin E capsule, extract the oil and apply it over the affected area.
- Many studies show that an oatmeal bath for rashes is one of the best ways to alleviate body rash. Add one cup of raw oatmeal to your bathwater and soak in it for some time. This helps to stop itching and also restricts the rash from spreading.
- A beneficial herbal skin rash treatment is a poultice made with the herbs dandelion, yellow dock root and chaparral.
- To reduce itching and pain arising from a rash, soak a clean cloth in a solution of comfrey and water and place it over the affected skin. This helps to soothe inflammation.
- The best way to protect the body against infections and skin rashes is to consume plenty vitamin C. It works as an antioxidant and promotes quick healing of the rash.
- Try to identify the allergens that can cause a skin reaction and take the necessary steps to avoid exposure to them.
- Refrain from rubbing a skin rash as it can spread or worsen. If you feel the need to itch, instead take a cotton swab and gently dab at the area.
- Avoid using chemical based soaps on the affected skin. Use herbal cleansers instead.
- Use sunscreen on your skin when going out as heat can worsen a skin rash. A cool shower when you get back should offer some relief, but this may depend on the kind of rash, as certain skin conditions respond better to warm water soaks.
- Avoid bathing excessively as it can cause skin dryness and result in flaking and scaling.
- Use a gentle moisturizer on your skin to keep it soft and protect it from dryness.
- Rub a few drops of almond oil on the affected area to moisturize the skin and stop itching, provided the rash is caused by dryness of the skin.
- Try to manage stress effectively as it can affect immunity and make the body vulnerable to rashes and other health problems.