Mouth ulcers are also called as Canker Sores and they usually appear on the tongue, lips, inside the cheeks, inside the bottom lip or on the gums.Before ulcers occur, you feel burning and tingling sensation in the mouth.These are not contagious but can recur and last for a week to 10 days.
Reasons for formation of Mouth Ulcers
Mouth Ulcers can occur due to indigestion, stress, deficiency of vitamin B12, Vitamin C, iron, food allergies, accidental bites in mouth or cheek resulting in infections, skin diseases or some disease in bowels.
Best Ayurvedic treatment for Mouth Ulcers
Try one of these effective natural remedies to cure Mouth Ulcers.
- Grind the peepal tree (Ficus religiosa) bark and leaves, add honey and apply the lep(paste/ointment) on the painful area.
- Grind the Moolhati, harad, daruhaldi and chameli leaves and mix with honey. Apply this lep on the painful area.
- In case of mouth ulcer caused due to vaata(heat), rub finely grounded rock salt.
- Make Quath with chameli, Giloy, raisins, patha, daruhaldi, harad, baheda and avala leaves, let it cool, add honey and drink it.
- Add honey in Triphala decoction and do rinse the mouth with this solution.
- Put rock salt in hot water and rinse the mouth.
- Boil acacia gum in triple the quantity of water, sieve it and store it in a bottle. Apply this on the ulcers.
- Apply banana juice on the child’s mouth early in the morning. This gives relief.
- It is also beneficial to make the sit under the goat and let the milk streak fall directly in the mouth. This should be done early in the morning.
- Cotton soaked in Glycerin is also very beneficial in this case to apply externally on ulcers.
- Grind the roasted Suhaga nicely and add honey, apply this on the ulcers.
- Take two parts of moolhati, pathani lodh, usva and black sesame seeds, one part roasted Suhaga, boil it one part water and make sugar syrup with sugar candy. Apply this thrice or four times daily to cure mouth ulcers.
- Mix peppermint oil with glycerin and apply on the ulcers for quick relief.
- Take equal quantities of praval pishti washed in rose water and Swarna makshik, wash it nicely and keep it aside. Give 25 mg to 125 mg depending on the age of the child and give it with pomegranate juice twice daily.
- Make decoction with Triphala, patha, raisins and chameli leaves and give it to the child in reasonable quantity.
- Take equal quantities of satvan bark, poppy seeds, sespedula leaves, nagarmotha, amaltas and red sandal. Make a quath and consume it. This is beneficial to cure mouth ulcers.
- Make the decoction with daruhaldi, chameli flowers, raisins, thymol seeds and triphala, add honey and give it to the patient suffering with mouth ulcers.
- Quath made with sespedula, dry ginger, triphala, indrayan roots, banphasha, kutaki, turmeric and Giloyadd honey and give to the patient.
- Sucking neem gum is also beneficial in this case.
- Apply glycerin and let the saliva come out.
- Suck the green leaves of arhar for quick relief in mouth ulcers.
- Applying milk of Gular tree is also beneficial in this case.
- Make the decoction with mogra leaves and rinse the mouth to cure mouth ulcers.
- Make the decoction with green mehandi (Henna) leaves and rinse the mouth twice or thrice for special relief in mouth ulcers.
- Soak the raisins in water for some time then chew and eat.
- Add salt in raw bitter gourd and keep it under the Sun. extract the juice and add it in water. Rinse the mouth with this water for quick relief in mouth ulcers.
Source : http://www.astrogle.com/