Uric acid is created when the body breaks down purine nucleotides which are formed due to faulty protein metabolism. High concentrations of uric acid in blood serum can lead to a type of arthritis known as gout. The chemical is associated with other medical conditions like ammonium acid urate kidney stones. The big question is how to reduce uric acid naturally without using any chemicals.
High level of uric acid is a recurrent condition which can be controlled and care using natural remedies without need for expensive mainstream chemical based drugs. The high uric acid leading to painful joints is a condition called gout. The toe joint is especially affected and later all other joints are involved.
There are many natural ways to reduce uric acid. Ayurvedic remedies are one of them. Ayurveda is a traditional healthcare system practiced in India and recognized by WHO. Ayureda utilizes various herbs and minerals to care various diseases including methods to reduce uric acid naturally without causing any side effects.
Methods To Reduce Uric Acid
- Drink lots of water, preferably 10 to 12 eight-ounce glasses every day, to flush excess uric acid from your body.
- Avoid high protein diet like red meat, poultry ( especially Turkey ) , Shellfish, Mackerel, sardines. It is advisable not to consume soyabeans, tofu and other soye products.
- Gym goes should avoid consuming high protein artificial foods like creatine and others.
- High doses of Vitamin C and Vitamin E have been helpful to reduce uric acid levels naturally.
- Cherries, Strawberries, Blueberries are excellent fruits to reduce uric acid naturally.
- It is recommended that you consume high fiber food. Apples, Pears, Papaya are excellent. The vegetables growing on climbers are excellent natural remedies to reduce uric acid levels in the blood. These are round gourd, bottle gourd, ashgourd, pumpkin, zucchini, long gourd are all good to reduce high uric acid in the blood.
- Asparagus, Mushroom, Spinach, Soyabeans, Peas, Cheese and other beans are also not recommended.
- Apple juice is also recommended. Eating a lot of apples solves the purpose. Artifical fruit juices with additives, preservatives are not recommended.
- Aloe vera juice and Amla juice also helps in keeping the fire element in control which is the main reason for increased uric acid level in the blood. Fire element imbalance should be restored to reduce uric acid naturally.
- Fresh coconut water is also a good way to reduce uric acid naturally.
- Ayurvedic remedies like Kishore Guggul, Gorakhmundi powder, Navkarshik Churna, Punarnava mandur are excellent natural remedies to reduce uric acid levels and help in gout pain.
- Try to consume as much natural diet as possible. Avoid eating junk food. Soft drinks and frozen food is really bad and are big hurdles in reducing uric acid levels.
- Remember if Gout is not properly treated the elevated uric acid can lead to severely damaged joints and kidney problems, which may be of irreversible nature.
- Do not be anxious and stressful. Stress also plays an important role in aggravating gout attacks and causes more health disorders like blood pressure and diabetes.
Source : http://www.planetayurveda.com/how-to-reduce-uric-acid-naturally.htm