A backache can make it difficult to carry out day-to-day activities. Natural treatments can provide quick relief from the pain and allow you to enjoy life again.
Here are some home remedies for backache.
Ginger root, which is used to cure vomiting, can also be used in the treatment of back pain. The anti-inflammatory compounds in ginger can give you relief from a backache.
- Apply some ginger paste on the affected area, followed by eucalyptus oil.
- Cut thin slices of fresh ginger root and put them in a pan of boiling water. Simmer and boil it on low heat for 10 to 15 minutes. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature and strain it. Add honey and then drink it. You can drink this ginger tea two or three times a day for a few days or until you see improvement.
- You can also make an herbal tea with one-half teaspoon of black pepper corns, one-half teaspoon of cloves and one teaspoon of ginger powder.
2. Basil Leaves
Basil leaves can also come to your rescue when suffering from a backache.
- Add 8 to 10 basil leaves to one cup of water and boil it until the water evaporates to half.
- Let it cool to room temperature and then add a pinch of salt.
- For mild pain, drink this concoction once daily; for severe pain, drink it twice daily.
3. Poppy Seeds
Poppy seeds work wonders as remedy of backache.
- Grind together 100 gm each of poppy seeds (khus khus) and rock candy (misri).
- Consume two teaspoons of this mixture twice daily, followed by a glass of milk.
4. Herbal Oil
Massaging your back with an herbal oil can help your muscles relax and relieve pain. You can use any herbal oil such as eucalyptus oil, almond oil, olive oil or coconut oil. Heat the oil until warm and massage it gently over the aching area.
Garlic is another ingredient that can help treat a backache. Simply eat two to three cloves of garlic every morning on empty stomach. You can also massage your back with garlic oil.
- To make garlic oil, heat some coconut oil, mustard oil or sesame oil on low heat and then add 8 to 10 cloves of garlic to it. Fry the garlic until it is brown. Strain the oil and let it cool to room temperature.
- Massage your back gently with the oil. Leave it on for some time and then take a bath in warm water.
Wheat has compounds that produce an analgesic effect that can help minimize pain.
- Soak a handful of wheat in water overnight.
- In the morning, mix in cuscus grass and coriander. Then add one cup of milk and boil it for a few minutes until it thickens.
- Drink the mixture twice daily.