There are many health drinks and beverages in the market, but nothing is better than good old water. Water is essential for a healthy mind and body, as every cell, organ and tissue in the body needs water to function properly.
To overcome the boring taste of plain water, lemon is one ingredient that can add a new flavor to it. The tangy taste and the nice lemon fragrance are generally liked by all.
Apart from making your water tasty, lemon is good for your health. It is an excellent source of several nutrients, such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron and vitamins A, C and B-complex as well as pectin, fiber, and carbohydrates.
Lemon contains cancer-fighting properties and also is good for losing weight, keeping your heart healthy, preventing kidney stones, boosting the immune system, balancing your body’s pH level and so on.
It is easy to make lemon-infused water and takes little time, as lemon releases its flavor almost immediately. Plus, you can take this infused water with you and sip it all day as a delicious hydrating treat.
- Fill a large jug with filtered water.
- Cut 2 lemons into thin slices and add them to the water.
- Add some fresh mint leaves or thin ginger slices (optional).
- Add some ice cubes as well.
- Refrigerate it for about 2 to 3 hours, then drink it as needed.
A popular thirst quencher, watermelon is a favorite among all age groups. This refreshing and delicious fruit has all the factors to enhance the taste of plain water.
This fruit is made up of 92 percent water and the essential rehydrating salt, calcium and magnesium levels in it makes it ideal for preventing dehydration. This summertime staple is also a good source of potassium and vitamins A and C. Its rich nutritional profile means it is also immensely good for your health.
Apart from keeping the body hydrated, watermelon intake can even control high blood pressure, reduce body fat, improve eye health, keep the kidneys healthy and improve your mood.
- Fill a mason jar with cool water.
- Cut watermelon into thick pieces and remove the seeds.
- Gently put the watermelon pieces in the jar.
- Add some basil leaves to add an amazing freshness.
- Keep the jar in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
- After drinking the infused water, you can also snack on the watermelon.
Cucumber is another water-rich fruit that you can add to plain water to enhance its taste. Composed of 96 percent water, it contains no fat or cholesterol and is very high in nutritional value.
It is a good source of vitamins K and B6, iron, copper, amino acids, carbohydrates, fiber, potassium, manganese, phosphorus, magnesium, biotin and silica.
Cucumber makes a great addition to any weight-loss diet, as it fills you up and helps you feel more satisfied. Among its many health benefits, it lowers blood pressure, prevents cancer, fights aging, improves skin health and boosts brain health, to name a few.
- Peel a cucumber and cut it into ½-inch slices.
- Add the slices to a jar filled with water.
- Immediately add ice cubes to prevent the cucumber slices from floating.
- Allow the infusion process to take place overnight in the refrigerator.
- After drinking the infused water, you can even eat the cucumber slices if you like.
So fresh and citrusy, oranges are one of the most popular juicy fruits that you can use to add flavor to plain water. After infusing orange in the water, it will have the sweetness of orange juice but without the added sugar. Also, it will have a tangy flavor and an uplifting smell.The taste of this flavored water is so refreshing that it will soon replace your favorite soft drinks or commercial fruit juice.
This juicy fruit is packed with vitamins A, B and C, calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus and dietary fiber. Oranges provide many health benefits, including boosting immunity, rejuvenating skin, lowering cholesterol, improving heart health, protecting vision and protecting against arthritis, to name a few.
- Peel an orange and separate the segments.
- Put the orange segments in a glass jar or pitcher.
- Add the juice of a lemon and a few mint leaves for added flavor.
- Fill up the rest of a jar with water and ice.
- Allow the jar to chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Drink it whenever you feel like having a refreshing drink.
Pineapple is a tropical fruit with a distinctive sweet and tart taste that can make boring water into a refreshing drink. Pineapple-infused water will quench your thirst like nothing else on a hot summer day.
This tropical fruit is also a storehouse of nutrients, such as vitamins A and C, thiamin, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, manganese and folate.
Eating pineapple is known to help reduce inflammation, aid detoxification, relieve joint and arthritis pain, benefit digestion, boost immunity and also provide energy to your body without adding too many calories.
- Fill a large jar with water.
- Add 2 cups of pineapple cut into small pieces.
- Add some fresh, crushed mint leaves as well.
- Infuse in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- Enjoy this delicious drink.
6. Green Tea
Health-conscious people are switching to green tea for a healthier body and mind. You can use green tea to give boring water a flavor boost to ensure you get your recommended ounces per day.This healthy and delicious beverage has many powerful benefits due to its significant antiviral, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anticavity properties. Drinking tea can help lower blood sugar levels, boost metabolism, fight obesity, reduce cholesterol, prevent cancer and improve oral health, to name a few of the health benefits.
- Brew 1 to 2 cups of green tea and allow it to cool.
- Put the green tea in an ice cube tray and put in the freezer.
- Pour cool water into a jar and add some mint leaves or thin ginger slices.
- Put the jar in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- When you need to drink water, fill ¾ of a glass with water from the jar.
- Add 2 cubes of green tea and a little lemon juice to the glass.
- Enjoy your refreshing drink any time of the day.