Himalayan salt is by far the purest salt available on earth, as it is free from toxins and pollutants. This salt is mainly extracted from the Himalayan belt, where it is also popularly known as “white gold”.A uniqueness of Himalayan salt is its pink color, which is mainly due to the presence of iron oxide. Because of this, it is also often called “pink salt”.It predominantly consists of sodium chloride, but it also contains about 80 naturally occurring trace elements including sulfate, magnesium, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, selenium, iodine, and fluoride.
1. Maintains Fluid Balance
Himalayan pink salt contains several electrolytes that regulate hydration in the body. Proper hydration is essential for all the body’s cells to function effectively.The major electrolytes in this salt are sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium and chloride. All these electrolytes are quickly absorbed by the body as compared to water. In simple terms, this means faster hydration.Drink this brine solution, also known as “sole”, as part of your daily diet to ensure a proper fluid balance in the body.
- Place 1 inch of Himalayan crystal salt in a glass jar, preferably one with a lid.
- Add 2 to 3 inches of spring or filtered water, until the salt crystals are completely covered with water.
- Let the water sit overnight.
- Add 1 teaspoon of this solution to a glass of filtered water and drink it first thing each morning.
2. Detoxifies the Body
Adding Himalayan salt to your bath water creates a rejuvenating and detoxifying bath.The electrical charge of the salt as well as its various minerals get transferred into the water. So when you take a bath in this water, it helps draw toxins out of healthy cells and into your bloodstream. From there, the toxins are released out of your system. This salt even cleanses the body energetically.With this pink salt, you can make a brine for a real detoxifying bath.
- Put 1 to 2 pounds of Himalayan salt in a bathtub filled with warm water.
- Soak yourself in this bath no longer than 15 to 20 minutes.
- Enjoy this bath 2 or 3 times a month.
3. Cleanses the Digestive Tract
Himalayan salt also helps naturally cleanse the digestive tract. It acts as a laxative and forces your digestive system to release stored toxins in the form of waste. This in turn helps keep the gastrointestinal system free from impurities.Plus, the dozens of minerals in Himalayan salt are good for the digestive system.
- Put 2 teaspoons of pure pink salt into a quart jar.
- Fill the jar with lukewarm water.
- Give the jar a nice shake to help dissolve and suspend the salt.
- Add the juice of 1 lemon to improve the taste.
- Drink the entire solution, first thing in the morning.
- Next, lie down on the right side of your body for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Expect a bowel movement within the following 1 to 2 hours. Make sure to drink plenty of water during this time.
- Use this detoxifying remedy once every couple of months.
4. Maintains a Healthy pH Balance
It is important to maintain a healthy pH balance in the body, which means the cells in your body are slightly alkaline in nature. This aids in proper functioning of the body and inhibits the growth of cancer cells, disease-causing bacteria, fungi, viruses and parasites.
Himalayan salt helps maintain this alkalinity in the body. As the salt helps remove acidic toxins from the body, the body’s pH becomes more normal and slightly alkaline, which aids in regulating the concentration of hydrogen ions in body fluids.Plus, it aids in maintaining the fluid intake in and around the body’s cells, and even helps get rid of harmful heavy metals like lead, mercury and arsenic.To help maintain a proper pH balance in the body, mix 1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt sole in a glass of filtered water and drink it daily in the morning.
5. Provides Relief from Respiratory Diseases
Be it sinusitis, bronchitis, asthma or allergies, Himalayan salt aids in treating respiratory problems.Pink salt cleanses the respiratory system and helps keep it free of harmful toxins. Its anti-inflammatory nature helps loosen up excessive mucus and speeds up mucociliary transport.It even removes harmful pathogens from the respiratory tract that can delay the healing process. The particles of pink salt also penetrate deep into the lungs to treat damaged tissues.
- Put 1 tablespoon of pure pink salt in a small tub of hot water.
- Position your head over the tub and cover your head with a towel.
- Continuously inhale the steam for 10 minutes to clear out the nasal and air passages leading to the respiratory system.
- Repeat 2 or 3 times a day or as needed.
6. Improves Dental Health
Though it may sound strange, Himalayan salt improves dental health. It can help treat cavities and gingivitis as well as keep bad breath at bay.The potassium in this salt prevents the gums from bleeding. It also contains calcium, a mineral that strengthens teeth.Plus, its antiseptic and antibacterial properties prevent bacterial growth in the mouth, one of the main causes of several oral problems.
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon of pink salt in a glass of warm distilled and purified water to make a brine solution, also known as “sole”.
- After brushing your teeth, swish a mouthful of this solution around in your mouth for 1 minute.
- Do this twice daily to maintain good oral health.