Ayurvedic Remedies for Diabetes Cure
- The bitter gourd is regarded as the best remedy for diabetes. Drinking at least one tablespoon of bitter gourd juice daily will reduce blood sugar levels in your blood and urine.
- Having bitter gourd cooked in ghee for a period of three months will bring the diabetes down by a significant amount.
- A tablespoon of Indian gooseberry juice mixed with a cup of fresh bitter-gourd juice, taken daily for two months will enable the pancreas to secrete insulin.
- Drinking a glass of water with 10 tulsi leaves, 10 neem leaves and 10 belpatras early morning on an empty stomach helps in keeping sugar levels under control.
- Mix and grind seeds of Fenugreek (100 gm), turmeric (50gm), white pepper. Take one teaspoon of this powder with a glass of milk twice daily.
- Put one cup of water into a copper vessel at night, and drink the water in the morning.
Diabetes Diet Planning, Dietary Treatments for Diabetes
Diabetes is one disease which can be severely aggravated by the wrong kind of diet. Hence Diet planning is the cornerstone of managing diabetes.
- Avoid sugar in any form – rice, potato, banana, cereals & fruits containing high percentage of sugar content.
- Include at least one bitter dish in every meal
- Take plenty of green vegetables, black gram, soy, fish etc
- Vegetables such as Bitter Gourd, string beans, cucumber, onion and garlic, fruits such as Indian Gooseberry, Jambul Fruit and Grapes and grains like Bengal gram and black gram should be included in the diet.
- Raw vegetables & herbs play a part in stimulating the pancreas and enhancing insulin production.
Diabetes Life style
- Avoid sleeping during daytime
- Avoid smoking
- Take adequate eye care
- Do exercise regularly
- Take extra care of your foot
Source : http://www.prokerala.com/