Liver Cancer or Cirrhosis of liver is caused most commonly by alcohol abuse. It leads to degeneration of liver (hepatic) cells and its function is seriously damaged. Severe liver cirrhosis can lead to many complications such as ammonia toxicity, gastrointestinal haemorrhage, hepatic coma and even kidney failure. The effect of alcohol on damaging liver is confirmed. In metabolising alcohol, many liver cells get damaged and damaged beyond repair. The regenerative ability of the liver cells are also destroyed. There are many herbs in Ayurvedic treatment for liver diseases that have shown positive results for liver cancer too.
- Arogyavardhni Vati: This is a very powerful Ayurvedic remedy for removing toxins from the liver. It is helpful in many ailments of liver including fatty liver.
- Punarnava Mandur: This medicine or tonic rather is very useful for several diseases including liver problems. It is a natural blood cleanser and helps to nullify the ill-effects of a liver disease.
- Kutki (Picrorhiza kuroa): This is one of the herbal medicine proven to be very effective for protection of liver. Its good effect for protection from alcohol is well documented by the Vaidya Foundation. From everyday use for strengthening liver to severe viral infections and even liver cancer, this herb is very effective for treatment of all liver conditions.
- Bhumi Amla Churna: This herbal medicine is very useful in getting the liver function back to its normal. Excess fat gets removed from the liver leading to loss in weight and water retention problem is solved. All functions of liver are improved.
- Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia): This is one of the Ayurvedic remedies which has outstanding results in protection of liver from various diseases. Its great result in treatment of jaundice patients shows its great liver protective quality. It is one of the major herb advised for Ayurvedic treatment of liver cancer.
- Chirayata (Swertia Chirata): The liver responds well to this herbal medicine. The hispathological parameters show better improvement after this herb is administered to a patient of liver disease when compared with conventional treatment. Moderate doses are advisable for best results.
- Baheda (Terminalia belerica): The parameters of a damaged liver condition are reversed after administering of this Ayurvedic medicine to a patient. The biochemical and physiological alterations of the liver caused by this herb show positive sign for treatment of liver cancer.
Ayurvedic treatment for liver cancer may not be documented because of lack of research initiatives but the positive effect of some herbs on liver cells has been confirmed. Consult with your Ayurvedic practitioner to get the right sort of Ayurvedic remedies for your condition.