The want to scratch the affected area is the main indication of itching. The best method to deal with it would be home remedies. Some easy and effective home remedies for itching are:
- Taking bath with little warm water is very effective treatment of itching.
- Apply cold compress to the itching affected parts of the body. This is probable to decrease the itchiness caused.
- Add 2 cups of oatmeal in a tub full with lukewarm bathing water and have bath. It is easiest method for itching treatment.
- Neem is extremely effective in treatment of itchiness. Take some Neem leaves and boil them with water. Now use this water for bath. Also you can apply neem oil on the affected part; it is also very helpful.
- Clean the affected part of body with cornstarch. Otherwise add some cornstarch in the bath water. Both are beneficial in itching treatment.
- Add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in lukewarm bath water and have bath. This would be helpful in itching treatment and also provide quick relieve from itching.
- Take cinnamon powder and honey in equal quantity. Mix them and make a fine paste. Now apply this on the affected parts. This would also helpful in controlling itchiness.
- Add a cup of white vinegar in a tub full bath water. Soak the body in that water for 5 to 10 minutes. It is very useful in curing itchiness.
- A best home remedy to obtain relieved from itchiness would be use of fresh stinging nettle oil. Apply it on the affected parts. Else, everyday drink at least 1 or 2 cups of Nettle tea. For preparation of tea, take one cup boiling water and add 1 tsp of the dry nettle leaves in it. Allow it to steep approximately for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Immerse one cup full of fresh chickweed in warm water. When the plants become softer, then cool it and apply on the affected parts.
- Increase intake of food that contain beta-carotene, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and zinc in daily diet.
- Mix some coconut oil and limejuice and cover the itching affected part with this mixture. This is an excellent remedy for itching treatment.
- Mix some baking soda with water and make a paste. Now apply this paste on the affected parts of body
Source : http://www.yoga4cure.com/