Fitkari is used in many home remedies and has many health benefits. Fitkari is a chemical compound and in English known as Potash alum/ Potassium alum/ Potassium aluminium sulphate with chemical formula KAl(SO4)2. In India is popular with hindi names Fitkari, Phitkariand saurashtri. Fitkari has many health benefits and in Indian traditional health care system, Ayurveda used mostly. It is easily available in solid crystals form or pieces in the grocery shop at affordable price. Although it has with many health properties but there are some main uses of Alum in Ayurveda. Fitkari Alum uses in home remediesare mentioned below:
Fitkari Alum uses:-
Phitkari uses for teeth
1. Fitaki is used in toothache problem. Prepare the powder of Fitkari and Reetha (Sapindus Mukorossi) pip. Apply this mixture on the teeth to get relief from pain.
2. Prepare the fine powder of fitkari (alum) and coal powder of Jamun / Jambul (Syzygium cumini) wood. Massage your teeth and gums with this mixture to curePyorrhoea.
3. In Leprosy skin disease, Take 200 gram fitkari and prepare the Bhasma or ash. Use daily about 2 gram Fitakari Bhasma with one spoon of natural honey, and some extract of radish and carrots.
4. Eye or Vision care. “Aankh ke rohe” – It is very painful disease in which eyelid get inflammation and eyelid pock. To get rid from this disease fitkari is very useful. Prepare a mixture of approximately 20 gram Fitkari, 20 gram Suhaga (Borax) and 5 gram Kalmishora (Potassium Nitate). Filter it and use 2-3 drops daily twice a day to cure this disease.
5. Fitkari is also used in fever. In fever mix some Fitkari (Potash Alum) into Sonth (Dried ginger) and take with Batasha, Indian Sweet biscuit.
6. In Jaundice treatment fitkari is very useful. Make the fine powder of 5 gram Fitkari and divide into equal 10 parts. Use one part or dose daily thrice a day with cow milk.
7. In case of any external wound or injury , rub or fill some Fitkari powder into the wound. It is best wound healer and prevent from infection. Fitkari is used in skin care and also helpful in skin infection or skin disease. In home and in saloon barbers use Fitkari after shaving as a shave lotion. Alum uses for tightening skin as its anti aging property.
8. In internal wounds or injury use some fitkari with Haldi (Turmeric) milk. Boil the milk with mixing some turmeric and after cooling add some fitkari and use to heal internal wounds or injury.
9. During winter season, inflammation in fingers is a common problem. If you are suffered with inflammation in fingers of hands or feet then boil a piece of Alum (Fitkari) in water and wash fingers gently to get relief from this problem.
10. Alum is also used in home remedies to remove head lice. In one liter of water mix about 10 gram of alum crystals powder and daily wash your hairs to get rid of lice or nits.
11. If you suffered with Pee failure or urination blockage problem then dissolve some Fitkari alum in water and drink it. This remedy also helpful to get rid of stone problem in 4-5 days.