It is the metabolic disease that affects the functionality of usage of blood sugar in the body. As glucose is the major source of energy for cell and is quite essential for body growth and development. It helps to strengthen the tissues and muscles plus a source of fuel for brain transmissions. But there should be some adequate amount of glucose in the body, excess glucose will damage the body and cause serious health problems.
As there are two major sources of glucose in the body, one is food and other is liver. Then that sugar is absorbed in the blood with the help of insulin. That will ultimately help to metabolize the body and keep it maintained to perform well.
Some of the common causes are:
- In case of type 1 diabetes, harmful bacteria and viruses damages the secretion of insulin by attacking on pancreas. This is normally caused due to genetic issues as well as environmental factors; that are still under research.
- One other reason is that during pregnancy, hormonal changes disturb the secretion of insulin
In order to identify that whether you have diabetes or not, some of the common signs and symptoms are as follow:
- Increased thirst
- Increase in number of urination
- Feeling of hunger increases
- Unwanted rapid weight loss
- Fatigue, boredom and tiredness
- Effect on eye sight; blurred vision
- In high diabetic conditions, heal up process of sores slower down
- High blood pressure
- Recurrent infections in gums, vagina, skin and bladder
- Occurrence of ketones in the urine; when insulin is not properly working muscles break down in form of ketones