Numerous over the counter medicines are available that help to minimize the effect of common cold. These include antibiotics, pain relievers, nasal sprays etc.
- In case of fever, throat infection and headache, most of the people take Tylenol or ibuprofen. But excess medications will create the problems and damages to stomach and liver. These medications are also available in form of syrups and drops for children. But it is much better to consult the pediatrics before giving medication.
- In case of throat infection and coughing, cough syrups are available of different age groups
- For nasal and sinus blockage, nasal drops and sprays are available to give relief. It helps to remove the blockage of mucous material.
Along with these treatments some of the home remedies are very helpful in giving relief and comfort.
- Drink a lot of water or increase the intake of fluids. This will help to save you from dehydration
- Chicken soup is very effective to give relief to swelling or sore throat.
- Take complete rest and proper medication in order to lower down fever.
- Keep yourself warm and cozy.
- Use cool-mist humidifier in order to reduce the bacterial growth and risk of molds. This will give ease to congestion and coughing
- In order to give soothe to the throat, regularly gargle by warm salt water. It will not only give relief but also heal up the soreness of throat
- For nasal congestion, use nasal drops that are very effective, safe and non-irritating. For children it help to improve sleeping
- Regularly take vitamin C help to reduce the prevalence of cold and flu. Plus it reduces the severity of common cold.
- Herbal remedies are very effective in giving relief like use of Luke warm mint water help to reduce the swelling and irritation
- In case of severe conditions antiviral medicines and antibiotics must be taken just to reduce the effect common cold
- Take honey in the warm water that give relief to common cold